Do you have what it takes to be the right person for the job over other applicants seeking for the same job? Use a combination resume format, a great format that can highlight both your work history and your best qualification points. While there are other types, including chronological that focuses on employment history and there is functional resume format that emphasizes on skills, the combination resume format is a good one because it combines both resumes. Check out below for more information about it.
What Is a Combined Resume Format?
The combined style is a resume that emphasizes on both your work history and your job skills, showing that you are indeed a great candidate for the job. Using it, you will have to list down every related work experience followed by the job skills that you have to become effective at that. Alternatively, it is a format that lists your skills and experience first and then your employment history next.
What Does a Combination Resume Template Includes?
- Headline, which contains your name in bold face with larger font as compared to the rest, followed by your mailing address, email address and contact number
- Career summary containing your best selling points as per industry, summarizing your best qualifications for the job
- Related skills,
- Work history from the most recent to the least recent, only job related experiences listed
- Qualifications, certifications, accomplishments, awards and honors
Tips for the Best Combination Resume Template
- Use a professional size paper for an effective resume, A4; use a professional font, including Arial, Times New Roman or Calibri, with size between 9 and 12, depending on the font’s actual size and your resume length.
- Keep your resume to only one to two pages, if possible only one page.
- Edit and proofread your paper before submission to ensure it comes free from English errors.
- Tailor each resume for a specific job. Research about the company and address your resume to a specific person.
There you have the best tips to know about a combination resume template that you have to remember for great results. Finally, spend enough time in writing and editing to ensure your resumes 2017 match the job requirements.